Problem with TV Signal from PS3

Yuzo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
i got my new playstation 3 yesterday and i connected it to HDMI Socket 1 on my TV, which was all fine, i even watched a movie last night.

this morning it seems to have packed in, i cant get a signal from the PS3 at all, checked the wires, reset PS3, etc.

i have just tried it on HDMI Connection 2 on my TV and its working fine .....

is Socket 2 likely to pack in after a day aswell ? ... i just cant get any signal at all on my HDMI Socket 1 on my TV now ... :confused:

i have just tried connecting my DVD player to "HDMI Socket 1" ..... this doesnt work either.

does this mean HDMI Socket 1 is dead on my TV ?

do they just stop working for no reason ? .... has my PS3 broke the socket then ?

Have you tryed a different hdmi lead maybe its faulty.

yes but it works on HDMI Socket 2 on my TV ... could it still be faulty ? :confused:

dont really have a spare cable, is it worth buying one to cancel this out ?

just connected the "faulty socket" to my dvd player again via HDMI, a picture came on, then turned off after 5 seconds ....

i am thinking this may be a cable issue .......

what do you lot think ?

just connected the "faulty socket" to my dvd player again via HDMI, a picture came on, then turned off after 5 seconds ....

i am thinking this may be a cable issue .......

what do you lot think ?

I think its worth buying another cable to try or borrow one of a friend if you can.

it all seems to be working ok (for now anyway),

however it did before for a day then started playing up ...

i heard HDMI cables either work or they dont .... and my problem is one day it has a signal ... and the next it doesnt, with both my DVD Player and my PS3.

:confused:

just tried to play a game, then suddenly it couldnt find the signal again - on HDMI Socket 1.

... tried restartng everything but still wouldnt work.

put it straight into HDMI Socket 2 and it worked, no problems

... anyone ???? Help :confused:

id first try a new cable

no point of going to all the hassle of returning the TV if its the cable thats at fault

change the cable (you'll probably need another at some point in time anyway)

and see how it goes. If it doesnt, time to get back onto the people that you bought the TV from, and get a swap for another (you look less dodgy if you ask for a swap, especially if the retailer gives you no reason to get angry with them)

If the cable works fine on both the Ps3 and the DVD player on HDMI Socket 2 but not HDMI Socket 1 then I would be inclined to think it was a problem with the socket and not the cable.

If it was the cable then it would not work on HDMI 1 or 2.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom