Problem with Toshiba SD240E player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JL28, Apr 7, 2005.

1. JL28

JL28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. I need some help :(
    Just setup my Tosh SD240E DVD player (multi-region)to my Video7 32" LCD. PQ does look truely impressive with a component video cable. But whenever I play a DVD movie through the progressive scan mode, all subtitles and texts in the setup menu become fussy, hence completely un-readable. The only way to avoid this happening is to play the movie in non-progressive scan mode. On top of that, whenever I play a VCD, the volume constantly go up and down on its own. It also happens to some DVD movie as well :confused:

Any help/suggestion will be grateful :lease:

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    I don't know if its the same problem as yours but I remember seeing a cheap dvd player (generic type) that had the same problem. It had very intense contrast/brightness on its menus which meant the text went fuzzy but the actual dvd picture was watchable although extremely bright colours like bright reds etc went a bit funny. The sound also went up and down a bit. Shortly after the psu died and it went back. Maybe its a psu fault.

3. JL28

JL28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thsnks very much! I better keep an eye on the DVD player then.