Problem with Toshiba SD-360E UPSCALING DVD PLAYER

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by eddytzeb, Jan 5, 2007.

1. eddytzeb

eddytzeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: I have just received my latest toshiba upscaling dvd player. I have a Pioneer 427oxd 42" HD plasma. I have connected the dvd player to the tv using the HDMI cable and a scart lead and enabled HDMI on the tv and video settings and i get a good picture and sound via using the HDMI cable and the scart lead.

The only issue i have is that when i am watching a dvd and i push the HDMI button on the Toshiba dvd player remote control a note appears on the tv screen saying "cannot perform this operation" even though it is all set up correctly as far as i can see.

This has confused me a bit as i dont know if i am watching in HDMI mode or standard.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? any advice greatly appreciated.

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    WHY have you connected a SCART cable, no need, take it out.

3. eddytzeb

eddytzeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry forgot to say i had it connected for installation then i removed it. I am perfectly happy with the picture, just intrigued to know if i have it as good as it can be or whether i am not in HDMI picture.

4. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    Don't forget, if your display can take 1080i then set the DVD player to 1080i out.

5. aniki

aniki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Hi,

I use the exact same TV. I have not found any upscaling player that does a better job of scaling than the panel itself.
    Even though the panel will accept a 1080P signal, I find best results feeding it with 480P or 576P.
    PS. If you hit the aspect button for the TV, it will display what the input signal is ;)

6. shagaboopon

shagaboopon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    If you only have the HDMI connected then it is working fine. The HDMI button selects the resolution 576p, 720p or 1080i. You cannot use that button when a dvd is playing though. Best bet is to just turn on your player with no disc in and press to select the mode you prefer, there is 3 LED's next to the HDMI logo to show you which is currently being used too.

7. eddytzeb

eddytzeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :smashin: shagaboopon-:cool: I think you have just solved my query. many thanks