Problem with Toshiba 32WLT58

robomonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Got my new tosh on Saturday, been working great, love it, but today its bust.

Won't turn on, just get a flashing red power light, when I plug it it I can hear it 'click' as if its turning on, but it just stays off and the power light starts flashing.

Does anyone know what this means? Tosh CS can't help spent 25mins on hold for them to say call the retailler!!

sounds broke to me, i take it you are trying to turn it on via the remote aswell? as child lock will prevent you from turning it on via the TV strangely enough.

try unlpugging EVERYTHING from it, and leaving the tv unplugged from the mains too for an hour or two(or overnight would be best), then plug in just the tv

robomonkey said:
Hi,

Got my new tosh on Saturday, been working great, love it, but today its bust.

Won't turn on, just get a flashing red power light, when I plug it it I can hear it 'click' as if its turning on, but it just stays off and the power light starts flashing.

Does anyone know what this means? Tosh CS can't help spent 25mins on hold for them to say call the retailler!!

I am afraid its knackered mate, my philips 37pf9830 did exactly the same thing. If I unplugged it for 24 hours it worked for 5 mins and then died again with exactly your symtoms. It went back and I am awaiting a replacement :(

Nooooooooo, nonononono,

Is it really buggered?, can anyone confirm this flashing light on a Toshiba means a hardware fault?

Oh, I'm really gutted now, the only input I use is a PC input, could having a refresh rate of 75hz caused this?

I'm at work now, but I've left it unplugged so I'll see what happens when I get back.

robomonkey said:
Nooooooooo, nonononono,

Is it really buggered?, can anyone confirm this flashing light on a Toshiba means a hardware fault?

Oh, I'm really gutted now, the only input I use is a PC input, could having a refresh rate of 75hz caused this?

I'm at work now, but I've left it unplugged so I'll see what happens when I get back.

Wow I hope not!! Don't think so myself if PC input is the only one that works. Unlikely to break everything else. Besides thankfully havn't experienced anything with my set.

75 hz shouldnt of damaged it, most equipment nowadays are designed to either accept or reject signals based on if they fit to specification.

have you tried taking out the VGA cable and hooking up something else or even nothing at all?

Yeah unplugged everything, just tried it again after around 4 hours, still no luck.

Got a replacement on the way for Thursday morning.

Got it from Beyond Television, very helpful

robomonkey said:
Got it from Beyond Television, very helpful

If you have DVI on your graphics card use DVI -> HDMI cable (available cheap at ebuyer.com) for know. You should get 1280x720.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom