1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Toshiba 30WL46B

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by MR G, Apr 11, 2005.

1. MR G

MR G
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello People,

Have had my Tosh since 2nd Feb and have been really happy with performance until this morning.

Was running the set with PC Input, shut the PC down and then tried to change the AV Input to EXT 1 which is the SKY Decoder AV Input. Since then, when trying to use normal viewing, not in PIP (Picture in Picture) or PAP (Picture and Picture) mode, I'm left with a blank screen. Have tried various things and below is the details I have sent to the retailer:

TV will no longer display picture when not in PIP or PAP Mode. Screen is blank but power light remains blue indicating it is not in Standby Mode. The problem occurred this morning when the TV was in full screen PC Mode. The PC was shut down and while it was shutting down we attempted to change AV input to EXT 1 (Av Input from Sky Decoder). If we now try to use the TV without it being in PIP or PAP mode, we are given a blank screen. Also, while not in PIP or PAP Mode, if we press the OK Button to select an input, the list of available inputs that are displayed are, the input we are on and the rest of the list is just showing " 01 ". When in PIP or PAP mode the AV input list is displayed correctly. Have tried disconnecting all AV Inputs leaving only the EXT 1 input from our Sky Decoder but the problem is the same. The fault is still present regardless of which AV inputs we are attempting to view when not in PIP or PAP mode. Have disconnected the power to the TV for a period of 10 minutes to see if this would clear the problem but it did not. Have adjusted the PIP Menu options, Picture Format, PIP Size and PIP Position but this does not clear the problem. The manual does not give instruction, if any, to return set to Factory Defaults and I am unable to find such a operation in any of the Menu Option screens.

Has anyone had similar issues or do you know how to return the set to Factory Default.

Cheers

2. seanh79

seanh79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not sure if this will work for the 30WL46 but I have the 27WL46 and to return to factory defaults use the remote go to menu, type 9301, go to calibre, select factory reset wait for tv to power down and level for 12 seconds before powering up

3. MR G

MR G
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will give that a go tonight. I believe both sets are fundamentally the same so fingers crossed.

Thanks seanh79.

4. MR G

MR G
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    seanh79 you are a genius.

I now have a fully functional Tosh Telly again.

How do you like your Tosh LCD? I've been pretty chuffed with mine since I got it.

Pixar movies really shine.

5. seanh79

seanh79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, glad I could help

I'm really happy with mine, had it for about 3 months like you say it's fabulous for animation and seems to do everything well, the only issue I've had (and the reason I know how to do the factory reset) is teletext worked intermitantly when I first got it.

6. MR G

MR G
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers seanh79, I'm not using teletext at the moment as I do not have an aerial but will be installing one in a few months so this is good to be aware of.