Problem With Thomson DHD4000

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by 1664, Apr 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. 1664

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, (help!)
    I have just received a Thomson freeview / HDD recorder, purchased from ebay(I know now - never again) :mad:
    It worked ok for about 5 minutes when I powered it up, until I started using the "pause" mode, where after this it crashed, a few hundred power down / up's later combined with factory Re-sets and it's still not having it. If you try to view a channel it will after about 5 second lock the picture, then display vivid colours (sometimes) it also locks. I have good signal so don't think its related to that. When you re-boot it you are free to view the menu's and I even got it to pause live TV, but try to view it back and it crashed again.

Any thought anyone (still waiting for ebay member to reply to email)

It has version 1.7.7 loaded, I reverted back to 0.31.0.

In the Technical menu it says "Disk Status 94% OK" is this good?

Thanks for any help

Barrie

2. crooksm

crooksm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine reads 90-something-percent OK and works fine. I don't think your particular percentage indicates anything awry with the machine. Maybe try leaving it turned off overnight - I have heard reports whereby the machine needs to be turned off for a significant period of time to 'forget' any problems it may have been having. Otherwise I can only suggest giving Thomson a call - their helpline number is in the technical menu.

3. bampsam

bampsam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    This mighy be an ugly brute but since the last software upgrade it must be the best Freeview PVR on the market.

4. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one to try it scanned channels then freezes, and thats all it does is freeze up. The software is 0.30.5 but it say leave it in standby to upgrade over night sadly if its left on standby after a very short time all or most of the lights on the left hand side come on and it "freezes"
    This was my first go at trying this box and it looks like it will be going back on my first day off.
    May try the Fusion next i dont know looks like no of them work apart from my Humax but that only as a single tuner, the pace twin is total unreliable crap.

5. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    thats what i get with the one i just bought from Currys, mine when left on standby after a little while all the lights come on and it freezes up again.
    Looks like we have U/S models, when i take mine back i will not be getting a new one thats for sure..