1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with the DENON 3805 remote

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Sugus, Dec 19, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Sugus

Sugus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all,

I've been using that remote with no problem so far... but today it stopped working when trying to operate the components stored in the preset memory: neither the DVD player nor the TV respond now. :confused:
    But the strange thing is that I can operate the Amp with no problem...
    I tryed reseting the remote and entering the codes for the TV and DVD player again... but nothing happened...
    Tomorrow I will be buying a pack of fresh batteries... but do you believe is it really a battery issue??. If so... why can I operate the amp?

C'mon guys, tell me my remote is not broken...

Any help will be truly welcome.

Regards.

Ps.: sorry for my poor english. :blush:

2. Sugus

Sugus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Problem solved: it was a battery issue... planning use rechargeables one next time...

3. dlama

dlama

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,
    I've had the 3805 for about a month. My remote (the blue one) stopped working for the DVD today. The amp can still be operated. That's weird.
    I am hoping that a battery replacement will fix the issue.
    Since you had your problem, did this problem come back?
    How long is the battery supposed to last for? It is pretty lame that it stops working after 4 weeks.

... Battery replaced today. This time with rechargeables. Remote works fine.
    I am using 1.2V AAA 850mAh. They seem to work well. For the first time, I have been able to programme the remote for DBS control. It appears that the learning function is very dependent on the strength of the battery.

4. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Battery use is dependant on how you set it up and how often you disturb/use it. Mine is still going after 2 months of pretty constant use while on its default settings. That outlasts the Kameleon 6 it replaced (though the Kameleon was better built!).

5. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,781
    I got my 3805 about 4 weeks ago (open box from Unbeatable). The batteries obviously had been used and left in the box. I doubt if they would have been used for any length of time. Within a week I had to replace them with new batteries. These batteries went dead yesterday. So that's three battery packs in as many weeks. what the fudge?

6. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Well I have been using the same batteries in my 3805's remote since getting it last Xmas eve - that must be something of a record :)

However these last few weeks the backlighting has got really dim and I know that I am going to have to replace them soon just to make the buttons visible once more.

I guess that means I will have to reprogram all my kit back in again though :rolleyes: