• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem with streaming DJ mixes over network to PS3

stebo148

Standard Member
Hi,

I’ve got all my music saved on my PC and stream it to the PS3 over my network. One problem I’ve noticed though is with DJ mixes, which play as if they were one seamless track on the CD or PC play with a 1-2 second gap between tracks when streamed over the network to the PS3. All the mp3s for a particular mix are in the same folder. I’ve even tried setting up playlists for the mixes to see if that helps, but unfortunately I still get the annoying gaps between tracks. Does anyone know a way around this?

Thank in advance, Stebo

P.S. I'm using a wired network connection over a router

wallzy

Established Member
try going into settings then music settings and changin the crossfadeplayback to 2 seconds to see if this gets rid of the gap

stebo148

Standard Member
Hi wallzy,

Tried your tip but I'm still getting the 1-2 second gap between songs streamed over the network. (even tried putting the crossfade time to 10 seconds)

Any idea if there is some sort of network setting I need to tweak either on the PC, PS3 or router? Or any other ideas?

Bomer

Established Member
Can't help you, but what I do find annoying about mixes stored on ps3, is if you wanna go half way into the mix, it takes forever to get there with the slow fast forwarding.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom