1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with stereo system

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by silentriver1, May 14, 2004.

1. silentriver1

Standard Member

Feb 11, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Near glasgow
    Ok got a AIWA jax-n5 i think thats it. It plays mp3 discs thats one of the main reasons i wanted it.

Got it for christmas, about 6 weeks ago it started acting up, would play find for a while and then would struggle to find the disc. This would happen with all the discs, original, mp3, etc.

Once time i took the disc out it looked like it as though someone had put a drop of water on the inside of the disc then placed it in the cd player and it has spun leaving a mark. Which obviuosly someone hadn't done.

My mum finaly took it back, they tested it. week later said it was fine. When back after a week to pick it up. Put a cd in it played fine played fine for 2 days then yesterday it starts doing the same. As though after too long you can't play cds, keeps saying its reading and it has problems doing anything it is asked.

it seems to be very tempremental. So if i take it back and it works again what can i do........