1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with starting sony hd-nw3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by speedy2005, Aug 14, 2005.

1. speedy2005

speedy2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    i have my hd3 since may and its never been dropped or had any problems before,but while listening to it,i was scrolling thru the songs and it all of a sudden came up with "no database found",(the song kept playing tho).
    Anyway i turned it off but now when i try turn it back on,the initial W. logo comes up but then it jut goes to a blank screen with a few black lines across it and the lines eventually just fade away.
    ive tries switching on/off the battery but that didnt make a difference and ive tried to connect to my pc but my pc doesnt even pick up that anythings connected!
    anyone else had this problem....i bought it on the internet and if i send it away its prob going to take a few weeks to be sorted so im posting to see if anyone can help first cos i dont want to be without it :(
    cheers for any help :)

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Speedy, search this forum - I believe I've read something about this here that may help you.

3. speedy2005

speedy2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi shadowritten
    thanks for your reply.
    Yeah i had already searched b4 posting,there was fair few people who had the "no database found" and the blank screen.A lot of them solved it by connecting to their pc and using sonicstage,which would then create the db and all the songs would re-appear.Its weird how my pc doesnt pick up any usb connection at all tho!!
    i guess it looks like ill have to send it back,which is a pain :(