1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with sound on TX32PD50

Discussion in 'TVs' started by AvidWatcher, Feb 26, 2005.

1. AvidWatcher

AvidWatcher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. Very happy with it, but am getting problems with sound.

When watching an external source (eg DVD player), I am getting sound breaking through from the TV tuner. It is more than loud enough to be distracting and I am wondering if it is normal.

Also, if I turn off such a source, the television gives a loud howl and puts up a black and white pattern for about 1/2 second before detecting that there is no signal and blanking it out. It's not a major problem, but it didn't happen on my previous TV and in view of the above problem I am wondering if there is some kind of fault on the AV/TV selector circuits.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. extechieman

extechieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar problem with mine. It turned out that I had the setup incorrect. If you go to the Setup Menu you can alter the AV2 Out (or AV4?) to a different setting (can't remember which one!). This prevented the howl I got when switching off the Freeview box connected to the set.

3. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    It's a bit of a nuisance (all right then bodge!) but if you remember to switch the tuner to a blank channel before watching a DVD ... :thumbsup: