1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with sound level changing

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Gandalv, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Gandalv

Gandalv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I play some dvd's on my surrond amp, I experience that the sound level are slightly decreasing now and then. It seems like it is worst in scenes with much bass.

I haven't had the money yet to buy the speakers needed for a complete home cinema, so I'm currently playing with only frontspeakers and the amp in stereo mode.

I have tried all other modes but the problem still persist. It happens at the same places on the dvd's every time, so it's not an random issue.

My question is therefor: Are the problem that I play dvd's with digital 5.1 in stereo? If so, then all the people out there who only have an dvd player and a tv must experience the same thing, or?

Another thought of mine is that the problem is bad encoding in the making of these dvd-movies. Since I only experience the problem with some dvd's (Lost in space (s1), The Rock (s2), Under Siege (s2))

I have a Harman/kardon dvd25 and 3500 receiver.

Any suggestion would be appreciated...