Problem with sony PS3 bd remote

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Scurlock, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Scurlock

Scurlock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help please im trying to register a sony PS3 bd remote to control my PS3 dvd functions.In the register a bd device section I get as far as " press enter and start buttons on BD device at same time and wait for screen to change"

When I do this nothing happens, am i missing something or is the remote just not working ? Checked the batteries must say that i see no lights or any signs of life
    Thanks in advance
    Peter

2. AaronW

AaronW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    It took about 5 seconds to register my BD remote using the same method so it sounds like you have a dodgy remote.

3. Spinke

Spinke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +608
    There's a specific entry for registering the remote, rather than a 'Bluetooth device'. Take a look at the options again :).

The remote has no lights and doesn't show any signs of life.

4. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I do so wish people would read the instructions. ;)
    Actually, to be truthful, I did when I registered mine months ago and it still didn't work. So I checked the batteries and I had doen what I usually do with batterries - put them in back to front. Doh. :cool:

5. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Unless you spill water on it or feed it after midnight! :eek:

You're using the [Register BD Remote Control] option aren't you? Also beware of such errors as putting the batteries round the wrong way otherwise you get angry and throw it on your floor making the cover come off only to realise the mistake you've made when you notice the writing on the batteries are facing the same direction...but that never happened to me *cough*

6. SeanMc172

SeanMc172
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My bd remote has stopped working checked batteries and that and still not working only had the thing 2 months.

Tried registering the remote again but i get as far as what this post has mentioned and nothing!

Anyone got any ideas

7. FlawlessAbyss

FlawlessAbyss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm not being funny here but when I was registering the BD remote, I thought there was something wrong with it and I tried everything batteries etc. It ended up 'user fault' I was pressing the PS key instead of the Start Key!:suicide:

8. Scurlock

Scurlock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your replies i tried again choosing the correct options [following the instruction leaflet] and nothing.L:(ooks like a trip back to Game for me.Now where is that receipt?

9. scrumit

scrumit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too had the same problem. I bought one tried it and thought it was defective, then bought a second.

Anyway, I found this on another forum and it works. In addition to the instructions below, make sure you don't have any devices attached via USB.

Sony BD remote registration
    Just a little info here.

I went and exchanged my BD remote for a new one. Brought it home and still couldn't get it to register to the PS3.

With a little persistance I got it registered to the PS3 and this is how it finally worked.

I held the PS button on the wireless six axis controller while I was in the BD remote registration screen. and when the screen to shut of Controller or shut off the PS3 came up I shut off the Controller, as soon as I did that I was returned to the registration screen and held Start and Enter buttons on the BD Remote at the same time as instructed in the registration instructions, within 3 seconds it started to register to the PS3. The remote is working now and it has taken the number 7 spot for control devices. Very odd because the directions do not say anything about following that procedure, but it now is working well. Hope this helps anyone else having a similar problem.

Thank you for my thread replys.

10. Triggy

Triggy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this post, it is very helpful! I just bought the remote today and had a problem with registration, and I followed the tips from the previous post and it worked. Just turn off the controller while in the BD remote registration screen and follow the instructions when you're taken back to the registration screen. Some people might also confuse the START button ON the Dual Shock Controller over the BD remote. Press the Enter button and Start Button OF the BD Remote at the same time - NOT the Enter button of the BD Remote AND the Start button of the Dual Shock (Game) Controller at the same time.

Ok, I admit I did the latter. :oops:

11. spike20

spike20
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm very grateful for this... my remote suddenly stopped working and I was without any receipt to return it with. I wasn't looking forward to spending another $30!

It works fine now. Thanks again!

12. artpearson

artpearson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The instructions in the leaflet are wrong. Go to accessories settings/register bd remote. Press the start button and the enter button labelled "ENTER" surrounded by the arrow keys simultaneously, as you are told to do onscreen. The x button serves as enter on the controller, and the enter key on the PS3 Logitech keyboard is also labelled x, but that is not what is meant with regard to the bd controller. I also had my keyboard turned off for this - it might help to turn off other bluetooth stuff while doing this.

13. younso

younso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have tried all of the above suggestions without sucess. I have firmware 3.30, does that affect anything? Are these remotes region free or are there NTSC or PAL versions? I bought mine from cd-wow.com and live in Sweden.

14. DJNomad

DJNomad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    I had the same problem with the Register BD screen and tried shutting off the controller first but holding the start and enter keys didn't register the remote control. I pressed the start and PS buttons instead and it registered immediately.

15. NelsonZA

NelsonZA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there guys

I'm trying to register my Integra 40.1 remote (RC-744M) to use as a blue ray remote on my Playstation 3. The provided code for Sony is 32907, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm supposed to press the "start" and "enter" button at the same time, but what button should I use for "start"? And is this the right code? Has anybody been able to do this?

16. corleone

corleone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, weirdest thing happened. I have been trying to get by Sony BD remote synced again after replacing the batteries with brand new Rayovac batteries with no luck.

I followed the above suggestions about turning off all remotes and still luck. I checked the batteries were in correct, was correctly pressing both enter and select on the BD remote, and sitting directly next to the PS3. NOTHING.

Finally, I pulled the Energizer batteries out of my tv remote that have been in there for months and put them into the BD remote, tried it again, and VOILA. I was dumb-founded and still am.

The brand new Rayovac batteries work find in my tv remote so I am speechless as to why it all of the sudden decided to work. I just thought I would post this in case someone else ends up having a similar situation and is about to pull their hair out.

WEIRD!

17. kalargyan

kalargyan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The solution of replacing batteries brand works "but" not so much the brand, the first batteries were used Energizer Rechargeable 2500mAh.

The normal operating disposable (non-rechargeable) Energizer 1500mAh that may affect the electrical system and indeed bluetooth and works with the 1500 mAh review Enrgizer amperage I hope this works.
    Saldu December 11, 2011

La solucion de cambiar las pilas de marca trabaja "PERO" no es tanto la marca, las primeras pilas que utilice eran Energizer recargables de 2500mAh.

Las que funcionan son normales desechables (No-recargables) Energizer 1500mAh esto puede que afecte el sistema electrico del bluetooth y efectivamente ya funciona con las Enrgizer 1500 mAh revisen el amperaje espero esto funcione.
    Salduos 11 de dic de 2011

18. Barry_

Barry_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +987
    Need to try using new disposable batteries as it don't like rechargables, nor the batteries from the other remotes i got - admittly the batteries in them are old.

Possible reason for being unable to pair with rechargables is the lower voltage - 1.2v on rechargable instead of the normal batteries at 1.5v. Rechargables should be fine once paired - althought i think my remote is completely dead!!!

19. stef51

stef51
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had the same problem and was going nuts...When you press start and enter use your little finger or something pointy on the enter.The problem is we are activating the side button and that stops it working..Problem solved.

20. ikokjones

ikokjones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got a new PS3 beause my previous one broke. Couldn't pair it for weeks, thought it was the batteries. Clearing all the USB connections did the trick.

Thanks!

21. Ncdoss

Ncdoss
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't get past the "Press START button and ENTER button" page. Batteries are in correctly, other controllers are turned off, pressing the correct buttons, but nothing happens... The PS3 button, under devices, just flashes red but again, nothing happens. The remote does turn my television on and off, so the remote works in that respect. Any other ideas?

22. Carollesley

Carollesley
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you sooooo much for your extremely helpful comments. Was nearly going to throw BD controller out of the window! Now working perfectly, shame Sony cannot get the instruction leaflet correct in the first place!

23. zustiizth

zustiizth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay... Hope you get this reply because same thing happen to me and i almost threw my remote away.. I tried all kinds of online method and nothing work. Untill yesterday, when i bought a rechargable batteries pack for my office use. I charged the batteries for four hours and when i was taking it off, my eyes went on the ps3 bd remote and decided to try it and boom!!!.. it worked like a charm. Definately, it's the batteries.

24. dadair1211

dadair1211
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

25. dadair1211

dadair1211
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem so I looked a little further and found a file on my ps3 under tv.video entitled "bd data". Inside were three movie titles that I had watched on Blue Ray. I deleted the folder and tried again and voila 5 seconds later I was paired. Hope this helps.