1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Sony KD 28DX51U..?geometryissues...Help!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by john read, Apr 14, 2005.

1. john read

john read

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a Sony KD 28DX51U delivered and installed.

As it was being installed I commented that I could see the digital banners at the top left of the screen “sloped off”.

The ‘installer’ (really a term for someone who unpacks the TV and puts the stand together) agreed but said there was nothing he could do! I immediately got onto Empire Directs service department who said they would call me back. Not heard anything yet!

My wife also aggress that the screen picture is distorted in the top left hand corner, e.g. the Sky News banner slopes down to the left hand side. This is happening on both the TVs digital tuner and via Sky.

I makes me think there may be a problem with the tube. Can anyone out there provide any help??
    :(

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Have you checked to see if the picture slope can be corrected by the "Rotation" control in the picture or main menu?.....is there a "Rotation" option on that model?.....check the manual.

3. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    ...really depends upon how bad the slope is. Most if not all 32" and above CRT Widescreen sets, whatever the make, very rarely have perfect geometery. Do try the rotation setting that the poster above mentions.. If not- can you post a piccy of the problem. I could then judge for you whether this needs to go back or not. I have plenty of experience with issues of this nature !

4. john read

john read

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the replies guys.

I have tried rotation but it just rotated the whole picture.

There really seems to be a specific problem in the left upper area of the screen.

BTW the TV is currently in an empty room, i.e. no next to any equipment that will interfere with it.

(I will try to post a picture.)

5. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, could you try rotating the telly through 90 degrees (if you have enough room). If the geometry changes (corrects?) then it might tell us that the set is prone to interference from the Earth's natural magnetic field. Regards, yt.

6. ColonelK

ColonelK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Go into the service menu and try changing the geometry values there.

Make a note of what they all are first BEFORE You start tweaking.

On my KD28DL11u the service menu is accessed by:

Turning the set to standby.

Then pressing

i+
    vol+
    [ ] (this is the analogue button under the digital one)

NB The combo may be different for your set so just do a search for your set within these forums if that doesnt work.