1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with sony hs10 - not the lamp problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dr_chasm, Mar 13, 2003.

1. dr_chasm

dr_chasm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've just received my sony vpl hs10 today and unpacked everything, set it all up in a 'quick' setup fashion and positions to make sure it was all working.

it all worked fine, unit is a little louder than i expected, but picture quality is fantasic. played a little bit. powered off. did some other things. powered back on, played a little more.

powered it off again. left it a while then added the cinema filter. now when i turn it back on, i get a white image projected with thin vertical pink lines, which are wider apart to the left and right and closer together towards the centre.

the other very bad thing is that i can't turn it off with the standby button [remote or unit]

anyone got /any/ suggestions as to cure or cause or both!?

/jAmES

2. dr_chasm

dr_chasm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bit of an update...

the projector has come back on again fine...

i had to unplug the unit from the power without putting it into stanby [as stanby didn't work] and i left it for a couple of hours. i then plugged it back in, left it on standby for about 10 minutes and powered it up. works.

i'm still really interested in any suggestions about what happened, and if it's likely to happen again and again? duff unit? or just bad luck when it was booting up a couple of times?

/jAmES