1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Sony HC-14 E used as a webcam

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by driesel, Jan 13, 2005.

1. driesel

driesel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

I have tried to properly use my Sony HC-14 E Handycam as a webcam but up till now I don't succeed in the task. After a while of proper operation with MSN Messenger e.g. it gives a blue screen and the camera shuts itself down. Is this a safety measure of the camera itself to maintain battery life or is this kind of a driver flaw or something else? Can anybody please help me because it doesn't seem the cam is broken or something (the images and vids are perfectly sharp and rich)? (I also get the cam turned out itself when running 'USB streaming' from Sony's 'Picture Package', it gives a blue screen then too - telling me 'no cam is found connected to the system')

Cheers,
    DrIeSeL

2. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Take the tape out of the camcorder and then this should not happen..

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is the correct operation of your camera - it is supposed to shut down automatically if the tape is not moving inside, as DigiStuff said leave the tape out but on some cameras you may also have to leave the tape door open.