Problem with Sonos Beam and X900F Series TV

Alfaguy22

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried posting in the Sonos forums, but they think I have a TV input issue. I hoping someone here can help. If I am watching TV and switch to Netflix or the DVR sometimes, the sound cuts out. If i leave Netflix it does the same thing most of the time. I have to choose the sync menu on the remote for the TV and choose "use audio system". Whatever questions you have, please ask.

Please can you list your complete sound settings and advanced audio out settings from the TV.

How are you connected? Hdmi arc or digital optical?

My Sony TV would turn on in the middle of the night and several times during the day. I turned off alexa on my sonos beam and the problem went away. See if you turn off alexa if this resolves the problem.

Please can you list your complete sound settings and advanced audio out settings from the TV.

How are you connected? Hdmi arc or digital optical?
Not sure what you mean by sound settings and advanced settings, but I am connected to HDMI ARC.

My Sony TV would turn on in the middle of the night and several times during the day. I turned off alexa on my sonos beam and the problem went away. See if you turn off alexa if this resolves the problem.
I dont think thats issue but it might be worth a shot.

An HDMI cable issue?

Since you have the x900F have you updated to the latest firmware and done a reset?

Ive done updates, but what do you mean by reset?
The latest update was from Android 8 to 9 which is a pretty significant one. It is good practice to factory reset the TV after an update like that. It is a bit of a faff having to sign back in to everything (if you use Android/Google for your phone you won't necessarily have to) and re-entering all your settings but it is probably worth it. An update can introduce some glitches otherwise. Anyway, it might resolve some of the issues

Last edited:
Does the light on your Beam turns green when the sound cuts out?

I'm on XG95 + Beam and sound cut out only happens if I've paused a program on, say Netflix, for long enough and the light on Beam turns from white to green to white (reconnection to TV I think?)

One thing I suggest you to do is to factory reset your TV and soundbar. My Beam went nut once - it works perfectly with the TV but I cannot steam songs as Sonos App suggests it cannot find the soundbar. I had sound cut out issue with a Sony Soundbar (which was returned for Beam) and Sony recommended a factory reset of both devices too.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom