1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Sonicstage 3.1 (empty folder after installation)

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by band, Apr 28, 2005.

1. band

band

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Downloaded the latest version of Sonicstage 3.1 UK version. Everything seemed fine until after the installation and rebooting was done. Sonicstage is gone! Nowhere to be seen! The shortcuts is all gone and the installation folder is empty...

I've tried pretty much everything but I'm now out of ideas...
    help needed!

2. Goliath

Goliath

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had exactly the same problem, tried all sorts but could only resolve the situation with a clean install of windows XP, then all was well.

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    So when u download(ed) 3.1, u should see shortcuts on desktop - SS and CONNECT store shortcut, implying its downloaded successfully. You know, shortcuts 2 programs. Then u need to restart PC before u can use 3.1. And its gone after restart? Try downloading again. Take it u all have broadband :)

Only thing I can think of is PC hardware or Windows related problem or u didn't restart properly - I mean when PC is shutting down and it says saving changes it was interrupted. I mean SS downloader thing doesn't have an un-installer built in does it? Actually before restart, go to installation file? Is anything there?

4. band

band

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    While the installation is in progress the shortcuts and the files in the installationfolder (the old sonicstage 2.3 folder) disappears along the way, and never comes back... not even after a restart (no interruptions during restart)...

I've tried differents ways, i.e installing SS 3.1 to another path (not the old SS 2.3 folder), installing SS 3.1 without installning SS 2.3 before but all with the same result...

Guess I'd better reinstall win xp, seems to be the only solution...
    Come on you guys! You've solved the volume cap of the nw-hd, then this must be a piece of cake!?

5. Goliath

Goliath

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually YES sonicstage 3.1 installer does have an uninstaller built in, the problem is clearly a software conflict, nothing to do with incorrect download or installation methods. I booted into in new windows xp pro sp2 and all hardware drivers installed and sonic stage 2.3, then re-installed sonic stage 3.1 and and the problem was solved.

The only supect conflicts I could presume was with either Windows Media Encoder or Nero these are the only 2 application that have recently been installed on my PC :D

6. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    In response to above post:

I also have nero on my PC and SS 2.3 got deleted and SS 3.1 installed no problem. Hmm, shortcuts should be visible on desktop when SS installer asks to restart PC.

Although I have XP, patched to SP2, latest drivers + patches.