Problem with some media

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by scratch, Feb 26, 2005.

1. scratch

scratch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a JVC DR-M10. It works OK with -RW disks, but there is a problem with Ram disks. If I try to use Panasonic or Maxell disks, which I suspect are made the same (and Panasonic are the cheapest and easiest to get hold of), after a few minutes of recording the machine closes down and flashes 'LOADING'. After it recovers from this the disk is unreadable. I have read other threads on this forum that relate to other instances of this 'LOADING' problem but not quite like this. Thing is that TDK RAM disks work fine. These are expensive and hard to find.

I suppose I should take it back to COMET, but just know that this will be a drawn out painful process. Please can anyone else help or give advice, apart from telling me to use TDK disks?

2. adebov

adebov
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Visit www.ukdvdr.co.uk
    They sell two brands of 4.7GB DVD-RAM discs (without caddies), at £15 for ten discs.
    At that price, it might be worth a try.
    I tend not to bother with RAM discs, when -R discs are £6 for 25 they're cheap enough to use and throw away.