1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with sky+ remote

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by cxt32, Jan 24, 2005.

1. cxt32

cxt32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have just connected my brand new philips lcd with my sony hdd/dvd recorder and sky+ box.

I am trying to get the tv to work with the sky remote, but having some problems. Everything is connected together with RGB scart cables so the sky+ channel is on EXT1. I have entered the code for Philips into the sky remote and it has recognised it because i can adjust the volume and change the channel, etc.

But when I press 'Sky', 'TV Guide', 'Interactive', etc, It switches the TV onto channel 6 (presumably because it thinks this is the Sky channel).

There is a way of changing the default Sky channel which I have tried, but when it wants you to enter the default channel into the sky remote, you cannot select EXT1 so that it recognises it.

Any idea on how to solve this or has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,616
    Have you enabled "scart control" in the services menu ?
    JS

3. cxt32

cxt32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for replying. i found out what the problem was. the remote was set up thinking that i was using an rf cable to connect the box to the tv.