Problem with SKY hd installation

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Ruben1973, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Ruben1973

Ruben1973
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone,

I waited two weeks for my sky hd multiroom and broadband only for me to be told by the sky "engineer" that he can't do it. Apparently he was even from the special heights team, however a standard two storey house was unfortunately too high for him. He wouldn't get on a ladder and he wouldn't go through a window onto the roof citing health and safety issues. The order got cancelled there and then. Today I found a local independent installer who can put up the dish and the cables without much fuss. I called sky again and re-ordered from scratch and told them just to bring the two hd boxes and not worry about the rest. Do you think the sky "engineer" will have issues with that? i.e when he comes and sees the dish is already installed in a way that he would not have been allowed to do it, will he care? Will he just connect the two boxes and not bother or will he cancel the order again?
    Thanks
    R.

2. jocarl11

jocarl11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I really can't see that being a problem, A lot of people are upgrading to HD from sky+ which just involves a box swap from the installer as the dish and cables are already there. The installer never even went to look at my dish when i had my install :thumbsup:

3. Trollslayer

Trollslayer
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,797
    Special heights team wouldn't go up a ladder? They do four storey blocks of flats! :nono:

4. jocarl11

jocarl11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sounds like Sky employed a special heights engineer who suffers from vertigo :D

5. ldoodle

ldoodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,018
    I had the same problem; wanted my dish chimney mounted and the guy said his ladder won't reach.....

6. Ruben1973

Ruben1973
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, if there is an elevator that takes them straight to the flat roof which preferably has a red carpet and a fridge with beer...