Problem with SKY HD channels

MG100

Standard Member
Hi,

Last week my Dad has SKY HD installed by an engineer after he upgraded from a regular SKY box. The card was switched over and seemingly paired up. All the channels work, apart from the premium SKY HD channels (which he has paid for but when on the channels, it just says phone this number to upgrade).

He phoned up Sky on Friday and was told that not all of the signals were switched on, which they said would be up and running in 4 hours. It didn't work. He phoned up twice yesterday, one said the same and the other said they had to send on a form to someone else to get them to upgrade the signal.

Finally today, he phoned up and was told that the signal was on and an engineer would need to be sent out, which won't happen for a couple of days.

It seems a total joke, especially as Sky seem to say anything to get the person off the line.

Anyway assuming the signal is on, does anyone have any suggestions as to a possible solution as he doesn't want to wait for the engineer. In the installer setup, is it worth trying a new installation for example?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Oh and it is an Amstrad box, if that makes any difference.

Thanks

SkyBloke77

Try getting him to a new installation channel scan and callback.

To do this press services, 4, 01select, then number 6. This should hopefully pull the channels down to the box. Also get him to try doing a full system reset. This done by pressing services, 4, 01select then number 8.

SkyVanMan

No point sending an engineer out, the problem is @ their end. Annoys me when they dont sort out hd subs. But I do know that sometimes they have problems when pairing the card up to a new box. Eventually you will get through to someone who makes a bit of sense.

MG100

Standard Member
SkyVanMan - That's what I thought about getting the engineer out. It just seems such an easy way for them to force their problem onto someone else.

SkyBloke77 - The Sky+ features are working fine, so it has to be an issue from their end or possibly the card. I'll tell him to try what you suggested and I'll report back later.

Cheers for the help.

MG100

Standard Member
Ok tried a new installation and also the full system reset but unfortunately neither have worked.

Any other suggestions or should I tell him to either phone up Sky again or wait for the engineer?

SkyBloke77

It sounds like the HD subs haven't been activated on his account. Out of interest, how many boxes has he got in the house?

MG100

Standard Member
There are a total of 3 and the HD box is not the main box in the house. Is there any chance that they may have activated the signal to one of the other boxes, even although they only took note of the viewing card from the HD box?

SkyBloke77

There is a very good chance that could have happened, are any of them a sky+ box.

Give Sky a ring and ask them what card should be in the HD box and then get them to pair that card upto the HD box, and the other card to the proper box.

MG100

Standard Member
Thanks, hopefully that will work. None of the other boxes were Sky+, they were all just regular SKY boxes. He upgraded over the internet and he had to choose one box to upgrade so I guess there is a chance that it's the wrong one by mistake.

If that doesn't work, frustration will definitely set in! Probably from you as well!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom