Problem with sibilances and high frequency distortions...

Modelistis

Hi, i recently bought a new home cinema system and i´m having some issues.... :(
In some CD´s i have sibilances and some distortion on high frequencys.
This is anoying and cause ear fatigue after some time.
Can this be from the cables i use or it´s limited to PRE-AMP-SPEAKERS?
Any help and advice is welcame! :)

My system

Arcam DV79
Rotel 1098
Rotel 1095
B&W 603 S3
Chord Chorus interconnects
Chord Epic Super Twin speaker wire

Thanks.

wizbongre

I'm no expert (at all!) but if all your gear is brand new it could be the speakers needing to be run in a bit.

Alternatively, it could be the combination of gear produces a bright sound - did you audition the gear together before buying?

dante01

Distinguished Member
B&W 603s are on the bright side as are the Rotels. It's basically a bad combo or rather, not ideal if you're used to something warmer?

Last edited:

Modelistis

I'm no expert (at all!) but if all your gear is brand new it could be the speakers needing to be run in a bit.

Alternatively, it could be the combination of gear produces a bright sound - did you audition the gear together before buying?

The gear is not new... so that´s not a ploblem of run in....

B&W 603s are on the bright side as are the Rotels. It's basically a bad combo or rather, not ideal if you're used to something warmer?

It could be that, but i´ve always heard good things on ROTEL/B&W setups....
But the fact is i´m a bit disapointed...
I used to have a NAD T763 and it also had sibilances but much less noticiable.

dante01

Distinguished Member
It could be that, but i´ve always heard good things on ROTEL/B&W setups....
But the fact is i´m a bit disapointed...
I used to have a NAD T763 and it also had sibilances but much less noticiable.

It could be the room acoustics, but that wouldn't give you the pronounced highs you appear to be experiencing. Is is definitely a physical problem rather than environmental?

Modelistis

I dont think room acoustics affect high frequency´s in such way....
It must be related with the Rotel´s and B&W combination... :(
My only hope is that it can be atenuated with diferent IC´s or speaker cables.... but i´m completely at the darkness in this area....

dante01

Distinguished Member
I dont think room acoustics affect high frequency´s in such way....
It must be related with the Rotel´s and B&W combination... :(
My only hope is that it can be atenuated with diferent IC´s or speaker cables.... but i´m completely at the darkness in this area....

Thicker cabling may improve bass and mid tones, but is unlikely to cancel out unwanted high frequencies? How do the low frequencies sound, neutral or are they ok?

Tone-uk

I'd try your system on some mains flex or twin and earth first before buying anything else and see if that helps. Just some extension lead cable will do. Speaker cable needs to only have a large cross section of copper to be good and t&e 1.5mm2 or 2.5mm2 will provide it. Ok it's not oxygen free but, is so cheap who cares!

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom