1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Sharp 28HW-53H

Discussion in 'TVs' started by mysundown, Aug 17, 2004.

1. mysundown

mysundown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

Recently my 2-year old Sharp 28HW-53H has developed a fault, which hopefully someone can help me with, or at least point me in the right direction to get it sorted.

Its a kind of difficult fault to explain, so you'll have bear with me! A few months ago, I noticed that it had started to display thin (about one pixel thick) white lines all the way across the screen from left to right, at about a 45 degree angle, and with about one inch in between each one. I didn't think too much of it at the time, as they only appeared when the images on screen were black or very dark, so put it down to poor aerial reception. However, they are now visible pretty much all the time and its getting to be really frustrating, especially when watching otherwise great quality pictures from DVD, plus I am worried they will get continuously worse.

Can anyone give me any advice on this? Anything anyone can suggest would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,

Matt