• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem with "Set 10 showtime road rules" trophy

DeanE

Distinguished Member
I'm having trouble unlocking this particular trophy. I have set lots of showtime road rules, roughly 30 now and this trophy is refusing to unlock. I have tried setting the road rules to show offline and online scores and beat 10 of each, and still no luck. Completed 10 "own the road rules", just in case that triggered it and still no joy.

Has anyone else had issues with this trophy and if so have they got a workaround without having to backup my current save and restart ? After looking online, it does seem that some people are having the same problem however no one suggested any real solution.

Thanks.

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
i have a bug with mine as well except it wouldn't show the gold trophy for doing 10 timed challenges which i needed to get the platinum but it still gave the platinum when i completed the challenges so i dunno it registered some where it's done, it looks like you may have a similar issue, try the other trophies and see if you can get them you may still be able to get the platinum.

Andrew_tr1

Established Member
I have got the same problem here too :(

I Thought it was becuase I did most of them online, but then re-did them off line and still no trophy

winstano

Established Member
i have a bug with mine as well except it wouldn't show the gold trophy for doing 10 timed challenges which i needed to get the platinum but it still gave the platinum when i completed the challenges so i dunno it registered some where it's done, it looks like you may have a similar issue, try the other trophies and see if you can get them you may still be able to get the platinum.

That's because the timed challenges are for the Cagney update, not the initial game... So if you completed a load of other trophies first, the platinum would show up...

As for the OP, I don't know what to suggest other than did you have under 10 showtime roads when you started getting the trophies? I had 8 so I only had to do 2 more... If you had over 10 then you'll need to backup and restart...

DeanE

Distinguished Member
As for the OP, I don't know what to suggest other than did you have under 10 showtime roads when you started getting the trophies? I had 8 so I only had to do 2 more... If you had over 10 then you'll need to backup and restart...

When the trophy patch landed I restarted from scratch. Other trophies are still unlocking without problem, it is just that one that I am having an issue with.

I am going to backup my current progress, delete the save, complete 10 offline showtimes from a completely new game, hopefully get the trophy and then copy my current data back.

Nuggsy

Established Member
I had the same problem on 10 Timed Road Rules I started a new game & still no joy!
The solution I found was to get my mate to log in as me on his PS3 start a new game complete the challenge & hey presto.
Seems trophies are stored on the network as when I switched on my PS3 the trophy synchronized.
Not ideal but a solution nonetheless!

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
That's because the timed challenges are for the Cagney update, not the initial game... So if you completed a load of other trophies first, the platinum would show up...

ahh right, still like to know why my gold trophy didn't show up though.

DeanE

Distinguished Member
Right, made a copy of my current save onto an SD card, deleted the game save from the HDD and restarted the game. To get the showtime events to start I had to go to a freeburn then left the game, then they decided to kick in (don't know if this was just coincidence though). Anyway, made sure that the scoring was set to OFFLINE CRASH, did 10 showtimes and got my trophy. I then quit the game and copied back my original save and everything is hunky dory.

Considering this is quite an easy trophy to get it was simple enough to do this and luckily it worked. Not a suitable fix for a trophy that requires considerably more effort, but anyone else having a problem with the showtime trophy could try this.

sparced

Established Member
Just got this one no problem. I don't think I even had to do it ten times.

Only bought it off the PSN a few days ago and wasn't even aware of the crash mode in the game till this morning.

Sixth attempt and it popped up.

Wingsurfer

Prominent Member
Thanks Dean, that worked a treat!!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom