Problem with service menu on Samsung LE37A656A1F!

elmo3334

Novice Member
Hi! I own a Samsung le37a656a1f and recently accessed the hidden service menu to see if I could get wiselink to read videos from my USB. Doing so I unfortunately changed something on model or type model and don't know how to revert it back to what it was initially.

1) Is there anyway you could help me please? Maybe giving me the original settings to my TV? Or perhaps a link to where I could find them on my own?

2)When I hook it up with a USB device the TV recognizes the device but on the wiselink menu I can't browse the contents of it. The "enter" option is grayed out. Do you know why? How could I watch video files in my USB on this television?

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts!

Last edited:

Dodgexander

My advice would be not to waste time trying to get file playback to work direct on the TV. TVs, even newer models are notoriously bad in this area and even if you do get your USB drive detected, it will not play all content flawlessly.

If the change you made to the service menu does not otherwise impact your use of the TV aside from the USB, don't worry so much about it and instead look at buying an android box or similar that will support playing back any file via USB. You can get very cheap and capable AMLogic boxes on ebay that will do a much better job than the TV direct, even compared to a more modern smart TV.

elmo3334

Novice Member
Thanks for the tip! Are you sure an android box via USB will work in my situation? I'm just concerned the device won't be recognized by the TV or something. In any case I'll look into it.

Dodgexander

The android boxes you get just plug in to a HDMI port on the TV. You can then plug a USB hard drive into them.

You can also get boxes with integrated storage, most are designed mainly to support network file playback such as Zidoo boxes but often come with local USB ports.

Here's a section of the forum with some reviews: Streamer Reviews | AVForums

& the discussion area:
Video Streaming Boxes & Services

Make sure what you buy comes with a USB port.

Here's a thread which is focussed on Kodi, but applies also to your choice: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated March 2019)

There is good info on the cheap AMLogic boxes there.

Last edited:

Dodgexander

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom