1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Schindler's list R1 + FMJ DV27A 5.8

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by cybersoga, Oct 10, 2004.

1. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have a minor problem playing side B of region 1 US Schindlers List on my new FMJ DV27A (firmware 5.8). When I press play, it's supposed to display a screen with the choice between "Continue Film" or "Menu". Sometimes this does not appear, instead all I get after it has read the disc is a black screen then the Arcam logo. What is even stranger is that it if I play side A, flip the disc over and play side B the "Continue Film" screen comes up ok. If I then open the dvd drawer, press play, the screen goes black for a moment then im presented with the Arcam logo. If I then press TITLE on the remote I can get to the dvd's main menu and play it.

Another minor glitch i've found with all dvds, sometimes when skipping to the next chapter using the >| button on the remote, every now and then it'll play the same chapter again instead of the next one. This was the same on the demo machine I borrowed and the one I now own.

2. BladeRnR

BladeRnR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also having similar issues regarding chapter skipping on the DV-29. When I press the skip button sometimes it displays the the arrow the wrong way like I'm going backwards but it goes forwards. Also when pressing for the next chapter it does backwards and replays the same chapter. Looks like they haven't fixed this issue with the new player. :(

If the sound and picture wasn't so damm good I would return the player. I hope Arcam realise these problems exist and issue a firmware to fix them. For a $5000 player I expect better.

3. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Wow, you payed $5K for the DV29? I've got some things I'd like to sell you. :D

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Another problem that is a bit more worrying, has happened twice now in 3 days with 2 different dvds, after the dvd was paused for a minuite or so, the dvd player spontaniously started playing the disc from the start without touching the player or the remote. very annoying! Not very easy to reproduce though.

5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    I will hold my hand up and say that I have had no issues with my DV89 or my current DV29. In fact the only Arcam product I had an issue with was the AVR300 which had the premature fan issue and was quickly resolved by Arcam sending me a new machine.

6. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I really like the player, i'm just reporting what i'm finding so it can be fixed. I've been trying different dvd's all weekend on it.

7. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Setting "disc priority" to "DVD Video" as opposed to "DVD Audio" seems to have fixed the problem with schindlers list!