Problem with scart switcher

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Dav D, May 3, 2007.

1. Dav D

Dav D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since my tv only has one rgb scart i recently bought a scart switcher* so i can watch both Sky and my xbox360 in rgb. For the first few hours after connecting everything, the Sky picture was as good as usual and the xbox picture much improved. However when i later switched from the xbox to Sky, the picture on Sky had a noticeable blue tint. If I switched off RGB at the scart switcher or changed the display in the Sky menus from RGB to PAL the colour returned to normal. I tried reconnecting everything with different scart leads but it made no difference.

Today i decided to have one last go playing games on the xbox before sending the switcher back. After finishing the game I switched over to Sky and the picture had returned to normal even though earlier this morning the picture had been blue.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem was since theres no guarantee it won't happen again. Thanks in advance.

*(the scart switcher is the £10 one from Argos http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5342361.htm that i have seen several people recommend)