Quantcast

problem with scart on sky+box

neil w

anyone got any ideas on this

pace sky+box (card slots on bottom left )
i have tv scart connected to projector and get a picture
i have video scart connected to plasma and get no picture

if i do one at a time connected i get a picture on which display its connected to

regards neil

A

andyAV

Call me a cynic but I bet this is Sky trying to encourage an upgrade to mulltiroom. IIRC the video out can be used to send a recorded program to VCR but you cannot then watch anything on Sky either. Sort of suggests that output to the 2 scarts is mutually exclusive.

Given you probably don't want to drive plamsa or projector from the composite video signal from the video scart socket (no RGB here) solve this problem by getting a scart switch box and running the tv scart (RGB) to the switch and from there to plasma and projector (great if you can find a switch that can be switched remotely or via AV amp 12v triggers).

Starburst

Novice Member
neil w said:
anyone got any ideas on this

pace sky+box (card slots on bottom left )
i have tv scart connected to projector and get a picture
i have video scart connected to plasma and get no picture

if i do one at a time connected i get a picture on which display its connected to

regards neil

So you are sending RGB to the projector and composite to the plasma?

Perhaps using the s-video would be better for the plasma.

Either way there should be no problems with sending video to two displays at the same time, the SKY+ output is active on all 5 of the outputs.
You either have a faulty box/scart socket or perhaps a bizarre OS bug.

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
AndyAV has a good point re the signal on the VCR scart. To test this theory enter your sky planner and "copy" one of your recorded programs and see if the picture appears on the VCR scart to Plasma connection.