Problem with saved game - Viva Pinata

wardi

Established Member
Reaction score
I am clutching at straws I know but is there anyway to fix a broken saved game?

I tried loading my game up yesterday and soon as it starts it freezes the whole thing, cant turn it off from the controller or anything. Have to reboot the console. Have played on another saved game on my profile fine (Burnout) and I have tried my boyfriend saved game on his profile for Viva also.

Going to try a new garden on mine tonight and see if it lets me play that without issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

No ideas sorry but really hope you get it working.

I wish there was an easy way to back these up as my misses would have a fit if she lost hers as she just got to level 58. Me i'm only on level 28 :rolleyes:

I had the same problem with my first garden ~level 15 or so. I try loading it up and the xbox freezes just as the "loading leaves" are clearing the screen. The only way out is to switch the power off on the box itself.

I haven't found a fix for this, but if you start a new garden instead of loading up the old one, all of your stats/money/spade upgrades/etc will be carried over to the new garden. Obviously this means that you start with a barren field again, but that isn't a complete disaster - it will just take a little while to get everything back as you like it.

I will try the new garden as you say it moves your cash etc across

I had only just hit 21 with the final garden upgrade! So not completely a disaster.

Had just bought a Goobaa too, had dressed him in a sombero

Thanks for the replies

Happened to me too. Garden loads, I can play for maybe a minute ... xbox crashes. Every time. I started a new garden and put loads more hours into the new one. I don't bother with the old one anymore.

I have started a new one now and got new pinatas already so thats made up for it a little bit :thumbsup:

Doenuts, Sweetooths, cinamonkeys! Got loads of room to get the romancing going

same problem had one garden and this was fine , started garden two and this one froze every time on loading , so had to start garden three, four and five all the rest are fine but could never enter garden two.Never got round this sorry.Getting shot of my game soon so if you need any pinatas your struggling to get give me a shout:thumbsup:

I have started a new one now and got new pinatas already so thats made up for it a little bit :thumbsup:

Doenuts, Sweetooths, cinamonkeys! Got loads of room to get the romancing going

Haha! To someone who has never played this game, you all sound like a bunch of mentals!!! :rotfl:

What is the general consenus of you all who play this game? I'm trying to get my girlfriend into casual gaming and feel this game may be the way to go. Dont wanna waste money though, as not sure I would play it, and dont want it to be relinquished to the 'played once' department!

Any girls out there who have been converted by this game, or any guys who bought it for the better half who have enjoyed it? Your comments would be greatly appreciated!

Haha! To someone who has never played this game, you all sound like a bunch of mentals!!! :rotfl:

What is the general consenus of you all who play this game? I'm trying to get my girlfriend into casual gaming and feel this game may be the way to go. Dont wanna waste money though, as not sure I would play it, and dont want it to be relinquished to the 'played once' department!

Any girls out there who have been converted by this game, or any guys who bought it for the better half who have enjoyed it? Your comments would be greatly appreciated!

It's a possible, my other half enjoyed playing it a couple of times, but it has since put into the "played once" department, as you say. I have enjoyed playing it too, but I haven't played it for ages, since GOW, RS6, Crackdown, etc are more my thing.

I have had unprecedented success with Virtua Tennis 3 - although it has taken a couple of weeks to bed in. I suggested a quick game on Saturday evening (in the hope that she would play for 10 minutes, get tired and go to bed so that I could play into the early hours as usual) but she got hooked into the career mode and ended up playing until half one. What's worse is that she got up yesterday morning and said (bearing in mind there was substantial gardening to be done...) "can I have a quick go to get my ranking up". What have I done! :eek: :rolleyes:anticipates arguments over who gets to play, rather than me playing too much

It's a possible, my other half enjoyed playing it a couple of times, but it has since put into the "played once" department, as you say. I have enjoyed playing it too, but I haven't played it for ages, since GOW, RS6, Crackdown, etc are more my thing.

I have had unprecedented success with Virtua Tennis 3 - although it has taken a couple of weeks to bed in. I suggested a quick game on Saturday evening (in the hope that she would play for 10 minutes, get tired and go to bed so that I could play into the early hours as usual) but she got hooked into the career mode and ended up playing until half one. What's worse is that she got up yesterday morning and said (bearing in mind there was substantial gardening to be done...) "can I have a quick go to get my ranking up". What have I done! :eek: :rolleyes:anticipates arguments over who gets to play, rather than me playing too much

Haha cheers aj, thats the worry eh? Whether they get too into it! I've got VT3 waiting to be played (havent had the console delivered yet) and she seems unimpressed when i play it, doesnt really get that when you move the player near the ball, THEN you have to push the button to make them hit it back (a bit like my mate who thought his car would automatically brake when parking *crash*) I can always coax her into doubles, but she hates losing, and i'm very comptetative and normally win, so she'll only play till she gets fed up of losing (2 minutes) and goes back to doing her nails!

I've tried to talk Viva up to her and she made vaguley approving sounds, but time will tell if i'll get it for her (or if i'll get off it long enough to let her have a go!)

Haha cheers aj, thats the worry eh? Whether they get too into it! I've got VT3 waiting to be played (havent had the console delivered yet) and she seems unimpressed when i play it, doesnt really get that when you move the player near the ball, THEN you have to push the button to make them hit it back

Sounds familiar. Although she is now playing it quite a lot, every now and then she runs at the ball and forgets to press the shot button altogether (normally on return of serve), which I find hilarious. Needless to say, she doesn't.

As an alternative, you could try some of the XBLA games, they are obviously cheaper, and there might be some retro ones she played when she was younger (I am probably going to get worms hd soon, we enjoyed playing that a few years ago)...

same problem had one garden and this was fine , started garden two and this one froze every time on loading , so had to start garden three, four and five all the rest are fine but could never enter garden two.Never got round this sorry.Getting shot of my game soon so if you need any pinatas your struggling to get give me a shout:thumbsup:

I can't for the life of me get a Dounut to come in. He comes in and eats 4-5 blackberries and then buggers off!

Also, got myself a Profitermole but need another if ones going free :D

Its great honest. I bought it as I thought the misses would like it as she totally loves it. Spends more time on the 360 than me now, she is steaming through it.

We even got started watching the Viva Pinata TV series on Nick Toons. Its VERY funny and not just for kids. Esp love the "getaway" chase on Forklifts! :rotfl:

Haha cheers guys, good replys! your all convincing me anyway! I'll wait for the console (today, pleeeeeease today) and get it on the cheap somewhere! Not paying £30-£40 for it if it does only get the one play!!!!

I can't for the life of me get a Dounut to come in. He comes in and eats 4-5 blackberries and then buggers off!

Also, got myself a Profitermole but need another if ones going free :D

Its great honest. I bought it as I thought the misses would like it as she totally loves it. Spends more time on the 360 than me now, she is steaming through it.

We even got started watching the Viva Pinata TV series on Nick Toons. Its VERY funny and not just for kids. Esp love the "getaway" chase on Forklifts! :rotfl:
send me a friends request or i wont be able to send you anything , as soon as i have that they are on their way mate:thumbsup:

The doenuts turned up soon as I started my second garden. Took a few visits for them to actually stay put and become a resident.

As for the missus playing, I'm a female and love it! There isnt any 'loosing' to it really, everything is rather positive and stuff. The odd baddy comes along but they can be smashed over the head.

Its colourful, bright and easy to play with many things to aim for.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom