1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with Sanyo PLV Z1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by apemanmurray, Dec 2, 2003.

1. apemanmurray

apemanmurray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've got a new sanyo plv z1, but i've been having problems when its been connected to my toshiba dvd. connected by video or s-video i can be happily watching a movie, but then either the image will start to flicker or it will cut to a blue screen which 'blinks'. I assume its a problem between the projector picking up the correct signal from the dvd, but i don't know to solve it. Any ideas.

thanks
    mike.

2. Goof

Goof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Could be Macrovision (?) - does this happen on R2 discs, just R1 etc discs or all regions?
    Or have you tried another cable?

3. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey there mike,
    This is weird because i get the same blue screen thing that you get with the z1 on my z2, it suddenly shows a blue screen for a second then goes back to the film-v annoying and i have no idea why it does it...
    Fred

4. apemanmurray

apemanmurray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its only been on R2 discs only. i've used both a s-video cable, and a video cable into a scart adaptor. I've checked that the dvd is on the correct set up - i just can't explain it. I would buy a different cable, but if that isn't the problem i don't really want to fork out £30 on a something i don't need. I have no problems when the projector is connected to the skybox using the video cable and the scart adaptor.

5. yagbols35

yagbols35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mike and fred,
    I had this problem as well. You have to change the settings of your input from "auto" to "s-video" or what ever input you want to use. For some reason the "auto" mode is not working properly ( on mine anyway). Try that and if you're still having problems ring Sanyo. Good luck:)

6. apemanmurray

apemanmurray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried doing that but i still have problems - its weird because i can watch one or two films no problem, then the next things its just playing up and i can't understand why.

7. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah-i also recall after using it last night that it is very definate places in a film-but only one part. It does it exactly the same time in film's and 3 times and never does it again.
    weird
    fred
    p.s haven't tried those things yet but will so-cheers

8. yagbols35

yagbols35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's really weird. We watch the IRC all night and mine didn't even flick. Do you guys connect the video out to your amp? If so, try to connect the video straight to your pj if you can or use component cable. Good luck

9. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    My Z1 sometimes flicks to a white screen with a few black horizontal lines at the top on some DVDs. This only happens with a progressive scan input from my crummy Cambridge Audio DVD55 player, so I put it down to the player.

It seems to happen when the film image is mainly white, like a couple of the fades in Donnie Darko. I don't have the same problem in interlaced mode. Perhaps it's worth trying in interlaced mode if you're using progressive scan?

10. apemanmurray

apemanmurray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't used prog scan at all. I was watching 24 last night and everytime it went to split screen the picture all became fuzzy - a new problem. I never had a problem with my Toshiba MT-3 prior to the Sanyo. Getting quite annoyed, think i might just have to look at an alternative projector.

11. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well it could be down to many factors, i just noticed the same blue flashing screen on the school sanyo projectors while doing a excel presentation....
    Fred