Problem with Samsung player and Monoprice HDMI switcher

Basil Plumley

Ex Member
Reaction score
My new HDMI switcher arrived in the post this morning but my Sammy BP-D1000 won't play anything through it...it's a Reg A machine BTW.
HD DVD, SD DVD and Sky HD all work fine and dandy but when I try BD, the picture dissapears and the sound breaks up...even if I'm not using the HDMI for audio. I was watching Rocky balboa via 5.1 analogue inputs with the LPCM track. Works fine going direct to the TV though.

Any ideas anybody...?

try swapping the cable to a different port, see if its ok on a different one?

My Samsung BR players has also just started playing up with my HDMI switcher.:confused: Had no problems for months then all of a sudden it will have a picture then will lose signal.Tried using diffrent inputs on the switcher and cables.:confused: Works fine when i use it direct into the TV.

Hope you get yours sorted ,i've set mine up on component for now.:(

Tried that - still the same. I'll have a look at the setup later. need to go to bed as I'm working nights and have to go to work in 4 hours...and haven't been to bed since i got home this morning...!!:boring:

Did you manage to sort it?:confused:

Did you manage to sort it?:confused:

Nope - tried everything I could think of:
1. Change HDMI Port on switcher
2. Change HDMI cable
3. Change HDMI port on TV (There are 2 on mine - but I have 4 bits of kit with HDMI out)
4. Changed resolution on player

Nothing worked. Funny thing is, it seems to start off OK then goes boobies up juat as the movie starts.

Here's my switcher here.

armoured can u delete some messages from you inbox please cheers

sorry to jump in the thread guys :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom