1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with RGB signal

Discussion in 'TVs' started by smack, Jan 7, 2005.

1. smack

smack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 32” Loewe Mimo Television connected up to a Toshiba SD330E DVD player & Telewest Cable Box, my problem is this, each day now I am noticing more and more colour banding/polarization for example scenes under water with torches, night time scenes also with lights or torches involved, some grey, blue and red backgrounds and some times with scenes of blue sky I never used to notice this artifact so I don't know if it has always been there or now that I know it is there I am noticing it more, anyway I notice it worst with my Telewest Cable Box which is outputting an RGB signal, I am also after 1 year starting to notice it on DVD but definitely not to the extent as when I watch the cable box my Toshiba is also outputting RGB, however when I change the signal output to s- video and change the corresponding Television connection there is no longer any banding/polarization however the picture is not as sharp. Does anyone know if this is a common problem with RGB signals or is it just my television and if so can it be fixed?
    Any help or feedback would be appreciated!