Problem with RGB signal on Pioneer 747

Hoddle63

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone,

Is there any 747 owners(or anyone that may help) there that have had there dvd modified to play R1, and if they have has there picture quality on RGB been reduced with the picture having like a "wavey" area at the top of the picture on all films. It is hard to describe the picture problem. I have to put the scart in the s-video socket and play movies with s-video setiing on DVD and then problem goes.
Picture not as good as I thought, I had the Hitachi 505 before and there seems not that big a difference. Have you got a different opinion?
Hope to hear from you on the RGB signal problem. Could it be a setting problem on DVD? Or should I take it back again?
It has been back once with R1 not playing when it was supposed to and with DVD,s for them to see faulty picture.
I will get back in touch with them (sound and vision) but checking qqqqwith you if there might be something else to play RGB on DVD.

Cheers,
Phill

I have the very same MR player from Sound & Vision and my picture is absolutely marvelous. Double check everything before you return it. It saves looking a prat. I've done it myself previously!!
Good luck.

I had a slightly different problem from yourself in that light backgrounds (such as the sky etc) on DVD's showed tinges of red in it.

Everything I tried in the menus and even making sure the RGB (QED AV4110) scart cable was seated properly didn't work.

I have now skirted round this problem by connecting via component cable to a tosh 36zd26b tv. What can I say but the picture is awesome with progressive scan enabled.

Could be a wider issue for the 747's????????? Any other 747 owners have problems??

I just got one... I did have a component,progressive scan output issue but did a re-set and started all over again. You could try a re-set, good luck.

I have a pioneer 444 player. when i use this with a panasonic tv in rgb mode I get a band of wavey lines near the top of the picture. about 1/3rd of the way down from the top of the screen. It looks like about 8 lines moving around within a band that is about 1 inch in width. runs from right too left. I also get bright patches only visible on a black screen. I spoke to a technition and he said its a fault with using pioneer and panny together. I tried it on two other makes of tv and there is no sign of this problem.

hth

shaun

Thanks for replying, the problem is exectly the same with the same with a panasonic tv.
What do you use to acheive the best picture.
Do you know if there is a componant connector to S-Video and would it be worth it,

Cheers Phill.

hi,

I had to use s video using the scart lead to get rid of the problem. works ok and the picture is just as good in my opinion. Just spoke to the girlfriend and she has a sony tv with the 444 player. She too gets the white patches when using rgb. she says its fine on s video. By the way we only get these problems when watching reg 1 discs. region 2 play fine so it must be somthing to do with the player being chipped to play multi region. Obviously a problem with pioneer players and rgb sources.

hth

shaun

I have a similar problem with my Pioneer dvd 454, it seems so far at least to be confined to Region 1 on older Sony TV's. I tried the player through a JVC 28" widescreen and it was fine, but through two old Sony TV's it was just the same.

This was only on Region 1 not Region 2, and the problem disappeared through S-Video ! I've yrt to try any other TV's but I am going to see how it goes through a Sony and a Panasonic widescreen TV's.

If it works on them then I reckon it has got to be a problem with RGB on older Sony TV's.

I had this problem on a sony portable which was brand new and a panasonic rear projection which is only 6 months old. Only on RGB so I reakon it has to be a problem with pioneer DVD players, S video is fine.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom