1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with rgb and seleco 350plus

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gary g, Mar 6, 2005.

1. gary g

gary g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi
    I have a seleco 350plus and I am trying to connect my sony vts-760u digi box to it via rgb scart,using ixos top notch cable,all pins wired.the result I get is what I can only describe as a sideways rolling picture.I presume that it is a sinc problem :rolleyes: but the seleco manual has no "pin outs"mentioned. :confused:
    can any one help or point me in the right direction?

Gary g

2. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you clarify what sort of cable this is... Is it scart to scart, scart to 3 BNC, scart to 4 BNC?

The composite part of the scart cable carries the sync signal in most cases which will be read by the scart in on the seleco. I made my own cable that goes scart out to scart in using some fairly meaty cable and gold connectors(only the RGB and sync obviously) and it works beautifully, so as long as your DVD recorder is set up right and you are going scart to scart (and the cable is ok) it should work. You won't get any scart - BNC to work without some sort of sync conversion.

3. gary g

gary g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi
    the lead is factory made ixos scart to scart,all pins wired.I want it to go from my sky digital receiver to projector.
    I am using component via bnc for my dvd player.hence no bnc sockets spare.

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Gary, start off with some basic fault finding:
    1. check there is actually an RGB signal coming out of the digibox socket you have connected to.
    2. check the SCART cable into an RGB input on your TV. Does it work or does the picture roll there too? Answer - still rolls - either menu settings on the digi box or the SCART cable isn't giving the correct connections / If OK continue to 3...
    3. Connect SCART to the pj and disconnect all other sources. Reboot the pj, do you have a working picture? Answer - NO - check through the menu settings on the pj. Look for SYNC Filter (fast/slow). If still no then there's a compaibility issue between the Sony and pj / If OK then reconnect the other sources one at a time. If you find the RGB picture starts to roll, then you've found what is causing the sync disruption.
    On a 350, Video 1 shares it's input with the SCART socket. If you have a composite feed connected to Video 1 then try unplugging it.

Regards

5. gary g

gary g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Chris :thumbsup:
    nice to speak to you again.
    I forgot that video 1 was sharing with the scart.I had a vhs recorder plugged into video 1(not that I use vhs anymore)so I have put it into video 2
    and the rgb signal is great. :clap:
    Thanks again
    Gary g