Problem with registering lg magic remote

E

enghamada

I bought lg 32LB58 with AN-MR500G magic remote. When I tried to register magic remote by pressing OK it gives me nothing. Then I tried to reset remote but red light not flashing after 5 sec when home and back key working correctly.
Is there is any thing in TV setting I missed?

Masters, anyone foundany solutions?
I'm having the same problem.

Masters, anyone foundany solutions?
I'm having the same problem.

As I understand it if the remote was in the box it should work, nothing else to do to set it up.

If the remote was bought separately you will need an LG wi fi dongle as sets that do not have the remote in the box do not have motion control built in. It gets confusing as last years models need last years remote and will not work so before you spend any money I suggest you contact LG's help line and confirm what is needed for your model.

I should add the remote is Bluetooth and does not show it is working when buttons are pressed

Last edited:
As I understand it if the remote was in the box it should work, nothing else to do to set it up.

If the remote was bought separately you will need an LG wi fi dongle as sets that do not have the remote in the box do not have motion control built in. It gets confusing as last years models need last years remote and will not work so before you spend any money I suggest you contact LG's help line and confirm what is needed for your model.

I should add the remote is Bluetooth and does not show it is working when buttons are pressed

Klikker,

Thanks for the help. I ran a few tests, I disconnected devices that could interfere and as I couldn't solve the problem I ended up returning the product. I will wait for the new, to see if it will come without any problem.

Funny thing is that only the ' OK ' button does not work, the other yes (Volume)

Regards,
Paulo Henrique

my remote was working for about 6 weeks and then turned the tv on using the remote and tried changing channel and nothing the only buttons that were working was the volume buttons and then they stopped working and now nothings working any help would be appreciated

You will need an LG wi fi dongle as sets that do not have the remote in the box do not have motion control built in...

I just bought this smart remote from ASDA and it came with a Wifi dongle in the box. I plugged it into the "APPS" USB socket and the TV see's it OK but whenever I press the "OK" button to register it, it fails.

I have tried turning the TV on and off, even by the plug but it makes no difference. Also the remote won't reset by holding the "Home" and "Back" buttons for 5 seconds, or at least you don't get the 3 LED blinks as I read I was supposed to.

I wonder (not at home right now) if my TV has motion control built in already and the Wifi dongle is not needed? Doubt it but worth a shot when I get home.

Hi this won't let me upload a picture but the magic remote is reset by ( pointing remote at the telly the whole time) holding home and return for around 5 seconds till power button on the remote flashes then press the wheel/Ok button then do the return and home button again 5 sec power button again should flash then lastly press the tv with the aerial symbol button :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom