1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with PTAE100, HELP!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Thunder, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi guys, my mate has a problem with his PTAE100 and i wondered if any of you could shed some light on it? There is a yellowish brown patch on the projected image that appears centrally and the upper left corner, its most apparent on white or light images :mad: . The Pj has done 3500 hours on economy mode so at first he thought it was the bulb and bought a new one but this has made no difference :confused: Any help would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thunder,

Sounds like blue polariser damage....... 3500hrs is fairly good use. A new Polariser isn't too expensive and can be changed by the user, following the steps in the Service Manual.

3. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks mate, where would he get the appropriate part and service manual :confused: Cheers :thumbsup:

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Panasonic would supply the polariser, the part number is in the service manual I have here somewhere I downloaded ages ago, can't remember where from. If I can unearth a link over the next couple of days I'll post back on thread. TBH, pointing the finger at the polariser is an educated guess based on reading and experience, I can't think what else it might be, unless there's other heat damage in the optics - the blue polariser is usually the first thing to show signs of trouble. If it's not too bad (i.e. only visible on white or very light blue skys etc) I'd be inclined to leave it alone for a while and see whether it gets any worse and how long it takes to deteriorate.

If there's the faintest chance that you or your mate might mess up changing the polariser, it might be worth getting a quote from Panasonic's service people to do it. If your mate isn't obsessed with picture quality it mightn't be worth doing.

Sean G.