• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem with PS3 Freezing in Gameplay

bsuttie

Hi, I bought my son a PS3 a couple of weeks ago. Everything seemd fine apart from freezing in one of the games he got with it - Motorstorm.

The game will load fine but just totally freezes a few minutes into the game.
As other games were fine we sent Motorstorm back for replacement but the new copy does exactly the same.

And Spiderman 3 which he just bought does the same too.

But games like Formula 1 and Vitua Tennis work perfectly all day long, Blu Ray and DVDs whether our own or Blockbuster rentals play perfectly.

In short everything works perfectly except these two games.

Could there be something about these games that's using a part of the PS2 that's faulty? Any other ideas?

regards

Brian

Moogle

Distinguished Member
I would get the machine replaced. The fact that you have tried more then one copy of the game with the same results and now it's happenning with another game it's more likely to be the console at fault.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Had console replaced and all seems OK now.

regards

Brian

That's good to hear. Hopefully you won't have any more problems. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom