Problem with Projector Ceiling Positioning

M

Martin Lynch

Hi. I have just mounted my projector to the ceiling for the first time. I'm using a Peerless Tru Vue spider-style universal mount. All went well until I attached the projector and I tried to secure it in place after aligning it - with great effort - with my screen. The two plastic covered knobs cannot be tightened enough to hold the PJ steady, it keeps shifting, slowly tilting up and/or to the side. Will not stay steady even for a few seconds. Even the weight of the cables in the back make it move. I can't tighten them any tighter, without breaking something. I have tried using the supplied screws - without plastic covers - which they claim can give added stability but they don't work either. Can't tighten them enough. I'd really appreciate any help or useful suggestions. Thanks everyone

Martin

Hey. Thanks for getting back. My projector [Sanyo PLV-Z700] is 7.5kg. The mount says it can handle up to 10kg. I am, as you can imagine, a little dubious.

Do you know if the brackets are slipping or bending? If they are slipping, try fitting some rubber or fibre washers to see if they make a good grip.

peerless truvue projector bracket.jpg
peerless truvue projector bracket.jpg

Hi, here's a shot of it.

The two screws above the ball and socket are meant to stop the the PJ moving once you have aligned it. I can't tighten them any more and yet the PJ is still loose, and moving around.

Cheers

Martin

Ah, I see. It's the ball joint that's moving then, sorry I understand now.
Not sure how to deal with that. Hopefully someone else can advise.

Hi, try removing the ball from the socket and rub it with sandpaper to take the smooth finish off it, that should then allow it to grip the socket better! Worth a go..

Could you replace the screws with some allen key bolts? Or Torx head screws? They are much easier to tighten up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom