1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with progressive scan on th-42pv500

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by DarkPhantomLord, Jul 14, 2005.

1. DarkPhantomLord

DarkPhantomLord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Today they finally brought my plasma screen!

But I've got a burning question: When I use my nintendo (official) component cable on my gamecube I don't see a difference with s-video! Does enyone know the reason for this?(I've got a modded cube: Qoob pro chip, there in the menuscreen you can choose 480p, ntsc,pal and auto.

How can you choose 480i(interlaced) instead of progressive scan? with or without a modded cube?
    Is there a way to set progressive scan (480p for cube) on the th42pv500?

Greatings,

Tim

2. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +652
    Dunno what you mean about the S-Video comment but you can only access progressive scan on NTSC games not PAL ones.You do this by holding down the Red 'B' when the game is loading,this brings up an option to run in progressive scan mode.The game then remembers your choice and prompts you every time you start the game.

Some games do not have 480p options eg all resi evil games apart from Resi 4.

Regarding your other thread, I borrowed some of my mates NTSC American discs and I'll admit I was wrong about interlaced mode looking better than 480p.Zelda:windwaker and Mario Sunshine look incredible in prog scan.

3. DarkPhantomLord

DarkPhantomLord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My cube is modded and I can't hold b because when you turn on the cube you'll go right to the qoob pro menu. Ones there you've a menu to choose 480p. When you're in the game, I don't see a difference with s-video... :( (I've only ntsc games)

4. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +652
    What, you mean you can't see a difference between component input and s-video input on your cube ?

If you press the i button on the remote control it displays what video mode and aspect ratio the current picture is using.If you are running in prog scan it'll say 480p under the word component on the banner if there is nothing there you're in the normal plasma video mode.

5. DarkPhantomLord

DarkPhantomLord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that's a nice tip! I tell you later if it worked. :)

6. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +652
    I've never seen this qoob menu so bear with me.Even though you use this frontend the actual game disc you insert must go through the loading stage.So why don't you try leaving your qoob menu st on auto and when you insert a game press and hold the 'b' button as soon as it starts loading to bring up the progressive scan option.

You don't actually set the Gamecube hardware to progressive scan by pressing the 'b' button you set each individual game.