• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem with Princess And The Frog

beastofrock

Prominent Member
Hi all,
I recieved Princess And The Frog this morning (the superset from HMV) and sat down to watch it with my little sister and right at the end when they are singing at the end in the restuarant the picture goes funny and i lose sound, its the only part of the film that this does it on. The disc is perfect with no scratches as it went straight from the case into the player, has this happened to anyone else?

hottentot

Established Member
Hi all,
I recieved Princess And The Frog this morning (the superset from HMV) and sat down to watch it with my little sister and right at the end when they are singing at the end in the restuarant the picture goes funny and i lose sound, its the only part of the film that this does it on. The disc is perfect with no scratches as it went straight from the case into the player, has this happened to anyone else?
No problems of any sort here. My biggest gripe is that it came with no slipcase though supplier's image strongly suggests it should have had one.

EDIT... In case it matters to anyone; my disc came from dvd.co.uk and it is packed up awaiting a walk to the P.O. this (Saturday) morning. I have never before returned a Blu-ray and I have more than 300, but I feel it is about time the suppliers are made to realise that they should not short-change customers.

Last edited:

irascian

Banned
No problems of any sort here. My biggest gripe is that it came with no slipcase though supplier's image strongly suggests it should have had one.

Yup. At the price they charged and with the photo's they showed they could at least have included that. Instead a tacky keyring I didn't want and didn't ask for.

If local Sainsbury's have slipcase version will repurchase there and send back to HMV. Fed up of them misrepresenting what they're selling.

PezzMonkey

Established Member
Hi all,

Just have to say, mine didn't do that... nor did I get the slipcase :thumbsdow

Keane

Distinguished Member
Just have to say, mine didn't do that... nor did I get the slipcase :thumbsdow

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I can't buy online if I want to make sure I get the slipcase :thumbsdow

hottentot

Established Member
I returned my Blu-ray + DVD set to dvd.co.uk for a refund of £15.79 because of the non-inclusion of the slipcase shown on their site. Then popped into Dartford where I found Asda were doing the same set for £13.97 complete with pristine shrink-wrapped slipcase. Price reduced today apparently.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom