• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem with Pioneer VSX-1021 Zone 2

erob0728

Novice Member
Pioneer VSX-1021-K setup as 5.1 + Zone 2.

Simple enough setup and audio from (most) sources works good. My problem is getting audio to pass from an HDMI input to the Zone 2 output. I have read that the Pioneer does not convert digital to analog audio to output on Zone 2.

Anybody know of a workaround for the Pioneer know of or a network receiver that will do this? Thanks in advance...

dante01

Distinguished Member
No AV amp fascilitates output of a digital (see exception, USB and network accessed audio) source to a second zone. Only analogue inputs (or audio sourced via the amps USB or ethernet port) can be output via the additional zone.

There is no workaround as such, but you could consider the use of a speaker switch to split the main stereo terminals between two pairs of stereo speakers.

Last edited:

erob0728

Novice Member
Thank you for the quick reply. I am using a speaker switch on the Z2 output to send distributed audio throughout the house. I had not thought of using the switch on the main O/P...that would work but will limit me to one source throughout. Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom