1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with PIONEER settings

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by banyantree, Dec 6, 2004.

1. banyantree

banyantree

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have just purchased a Pioneer DVR-720H-S DVD recorder and connected it to my Pioneer PDP-434HDE via a component in on Input 1.
    Input 2 has my digital cable box input and Input 3 is my HDMi connection from my DVD player.

I have had to use Input 1 for the DVD recorder since this is the only input with component for the plasma.

I am now unable to change any of the picture settings or sound settings on input 2 for the cable tv.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

cheers.

BTW - the Pioneer recorder is excellent just a pity it doesn't have HDMI.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    We are meaning RGB scart here I take it? This being so, I would connect the cable TV to the 2nd scart of the dvdr, then not only will you have a proper picture from cable, but you will also be able to record it in RGB quality. You will need to enable RGB in and out on the dvdr and out on the cable stb if you have not already

3. banyantree

banyantree

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No I have component on the recorder. No scart. Im living in Singapore.
    The Plasma only has component in on Input 1 and HDMI on input 3 so I'm forced to use input 2 for my cable tv.

I will try connecting the cable directly to the recorder instead and try that out.
    But surely when i watch TV only, the signal is then going through 2 sources rather than direct to the Plasma.
    Will try this out and see what gives the best picture.

I still dont understand why the plasma wont allow me to alter the picture and sound settings on input 2?

4. banyantree

banyantree

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I tried connecting the cable direct to the DVD recorder using good quality (QED) yellow/white/red cables and then linking the recorder to Input 1 on the plasma receiver using QED component cables to Input 1.
    Unfortunately there is no signal to the plasma with the recorder off which is no good.
    So it s back to the cable being linked to the plasma receiver via input 2 and the recorder linked to the plasma with Input 1 (component)

I still cannot adjust the picture and sound settings on the plasma display for Input 2.
    Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Is there another way to link these components?

cheers,

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Sorry mate, all your gear is quite different to what we have, even the inputs on the media box are different.