Problem with Pioneer PDP428-XD and DVD player....

extravaganza

Standard Member
Hi guys,
i have a weird problem with my TV and/or DVD player that i obviously cannot solve by myself so i'm asking You for help!

U see, i have a plasma Pioneer PDP428-XD & player Pioneer DVD DV-400S and another older one DV-360. Both of players work just fine, never had problem with them...
But this plasma have only 2 inputs dedicated for DVD signal and both are SCART cable inputs (INPUT 2 and 3)
So when i try to connect either of my DVD players with scart cable, nothing happens, there is no sound or picture. Just can't make it to show picture :confused:
TV is 100% correct and i'm sure in that, since i watched a movie in store before buying it, but in store he was connected via HDMI cable... Dont tell me pls that i can watch movies only through HDMI port?

In manual stands that i should enable scart input by selecting "scart" in "input select" in main menu, but that part of menu is not accesable (it's grey)?!?! Anyone know does it have to do something with password? Maybe i should try to change pass or something?
Pls help me, cause i'm really running out of options here...... :lease:

klythawk

Hi guys,
i have a weird problem with my TV and/or DVD player that i obviously cannot solve by myself so i'm asking You for help!

U see, i have a plasma Pioneer PDP428-XD & player Pioneer DVD DV-400S and another older one DV-360. Both of players work just fine, never had problem with them...
But this plasma have only 2 inputs dedicated for DVD signal and both are SCART cable inputs (INPUT 2 and 3)
So when i try to connect either of my DVD players with scart cable, nothing happens, there is no sound or picture. Just can't make it to show picture :confused:
TV is 100% correct and i'm sure in that, since i watched a movie in store before buying it, but in store he was connected via HDMI cable... Dont tell me pls that i can watch movies only through HDMI port?

In manual stands that i should enable scart input by selecting "scart" in "input select" in main menu, but that part of menu is not accesable (it's grey)?!?! Anyone know does it have to do something with password? Maybe i should try to change pass or something?
Pls help me, cause i'm really running out of options here...... :lease:
Have you tried pressing Input 2 on the remote ??

extravaganza

Standard Member
:) of course i did... apparently didnt worked...

But the funny thing is that i cant get that option for scart (in “Input Select” menu and “SCART” in the “Video Select” menu) which one i previously described in the first post.

I mean i have a tv which costs like 2000€ and can't watch DVD on it.... :rolleyes:

extravaganza

Standard Member
Finally figured it out.... :thumbsup:

Well apparently on Pioneer plasmas, HDMI input must be disabled so u can use any other (in my case SCART cable) type of connection with DVD player...

So ill take a wild guess guess that every time i want to switch between other devices, like 2 dvd players with different types of connections (hdmi/scart/component), i have to enable or disable this option... :suicide:
Incredible but true. :cool:

Anyway, tnx everyone on help!
Greets

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom