Problem with Pioneer PDP-507XD and SkyHD

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Oakleyspatz, May 5, 2007.

1. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Recently bought this fine Plasma TV and have it connected via HDMI to my Denon AVR-2307 and then HDMI out to my SkyHD box.
    I am finding that every now and again, the image on the tv just goes black for a few seconds and then when it comes back on, the TV is displaying the incoming signal details such as resolution, input and picture mode.
    I have a feeling that it could be the rather cheap HDMI cable I am using from TV to amp ( bought off ebay for a tenner for a 2m length) which is causing a loss in either signal or HDCP handshake. I am hoping the TV is not at fault as I seem to remember a compatibility issue with older generation Pioneer screens and SkyHD.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, have you managed to correct it?

Cheers in advance for any help! :smashin:

Danny

2. Rochdale

Rochdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm running a PDP-507XD and SkyHD over HDMI with no issues here.

3. Mike999

Mike999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I also have Sky HD into the 507XD with no problem, but since the OP is passing the Sky HDMI through the Denon amp I suggest that this is where the problem lies. Try connecting it directly to confirm there's not an issue, in which case the amp/TV interface looks the likely culprit. If so, I'm afraid I don't know of a resolution but at least it would point to the next step. I doubt it's the cheap HDMI cable, but again, using it for a direct connection would eliminate it..