Problem with Pioneer NS-DV55

C

Chris Thomas79

Hi, i have a Pioneer NS-DV55 system. I have my Sky box connected to it and i have the the surround processor set to standard which gives dolby pro logic from the stereo feed of the sky box. the sound that comes through the front two speakers and the surround speakers has a kind of slight distortion yet the centre speaker sounds fine, it also does this when i tried it with a CD, putting it into surround mode gives the music a kind of slightly distorted effect through the front two and surrounds.

When i play a dolby digital/dts DVD there is no distortion from the speakers. And CD's played in straight stereo through the front two speakers play fine aswell.

It's as if the decoder isn't processing dolby pro logic properly.

Anyone know what causes this or had a similar problem?

Thanks.

It sounds like cables to me.. I have the NS dv55 as well, it is now my OLD system and has gone downstairs for my kid to use. But I also had a similar setup where I got sound routed to the dv55 from my digibox. The first thing to check is your cables as I am pretty sure that inside the dv55 it cannot see any difference between playing a DVD or CD. So it is simply processing whatever signal your sky box is giving it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom