1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with philips 32pw6515/05

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bob1, Jul 20, 2005.

1. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Hello i have just started to have problems with my philips 32pw6515/05 tv.
    This is an intermittent fault ,what happens is that i get a slight pulling on the left hand side of the screen(from top to bottom) ,this does not pull the picture away but you can see a faint line and then it sometimes has lines going across the centre of the screen and sometimes affects all the screen.It can happen at anytime but only last a few seconds but might do it a few times and then is alright for quite a bit.
    I does this in all modes sky,dvd,video and the normal tv channels.
    Can anyone help please.
    Thanks

2. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Thinking i had nothing much to loose i opened up the tv to have a good look round to see if i could any dry solder joints or anything else that didn't look right .I couldn't see anything wrong apart from loads of dust so i gave it a good clean out and used some electronic cleaner on all the pots ,its been fine since, fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

3. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bob,

That's an interesting result. It makes me wonder if this is what ails a lot of the televisions. Loads of dust in there. I have a very old Philips, which is not giving such a good reception nowadays, and only used occasionally. I'll try that out.

What do you mean by electronic cleaner? Also what are the pots, sorry to have to ask!

4. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    First of all i don't recommend anyone opening up a tv at all, you could do more harm than good ,to yourself and the tv.
    The cleaner i mentioned is Servisol Aero klene 50 which is a solvent cleaner.
    I doubt it will cure the reception problems you have at all , its more likely an aerial problem.
    It might not even been the clean out that worked , i might have just touched the fault and made it go away for now.
    I'm going to give it at least a week of it not happening before i will say its gone for good.

5. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bob,

Thank you for the reply. I thought maybe the electronic cleaner was one I could just puff all over everything. I have read removing the back of the television is dangerous, I had thought to unscrew it and leave it disconnected for several days and then it might be safe. I think now I will leave well alone.

I hope it's done the trick for you. Sometimes just moving a television can make a fault disappear; they are temperamental boxes, but so essential!

6. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    The fault as come back now so it didn't work,i'm trying to get a photo but i'm not having much luck.

7. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Ok here it is .

[​IMG]

Anyone have a clue.

8. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    :lease:
    Still got this problem ,it seems as though its gone and then it comes back again.

9. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    A update on this problem.
    I have now found out that if i have the screen set to superwide this does not happen.
    If the set is on widescreen and it starts to happen and i switch to super wide it goes away ,switching back to wide screen straight away and it comes back.
    It also does it in the other modes .
    :lease: