1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Panny Viera when switching on

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mrgarnett, Jul 23, 2005.

1. mrgarnett

mrgarnett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a Viera (TH42PE30) for 6 months now and for the first 4 months I had no problems. A couple odf months ago it developed an irritating habit of taking between 30secs and a minute for any picture or sound to appear after I switch it on showing only a blank screen
    This in itself is no great showstopper but I believe this is causing another problem when using the q-link timer facility to my Panny DVD recorder.

If the TV is already switched on then any timed recordings work ok. If however the TV is in standy mode then the majority of time the recordings don't work and I end up with nothing. It seems to me that the TV isn't detecting a signal and this I think is the root of my problem.

I've had an engineer out who says he doesn't think there is a problem (mind you he hadn't heard of Q-link so he's hasn't inspired confidence)

I've tried speaking to Panasonic tech support but they won't take calls from the public though their customer service say they have no associated bugs reported for this model.

Has anyone out there experienced any similar problems or can anyone offer any advice?

2. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Panny is exctly the same, i think its inherent in a lot of these sets.

I'm not familiar with the q link (havn't used it) but does the recorder not have its own tuner?

3. mrgarnett

mrgarnett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes but the DVD recorder tuner is analogue.

4. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aaaaah youre recoring via the tv tuner to the dvd.

Pq is a lot better this route also wider choice of channels,personnaly i use sky+ which is great.

Sorry i cant help, but it sounds like a technical issue with the tv, which does affect this model.