Problem with Panasonic NV-DS29B

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by nobbydog, Jan 20, 2004.

1. nobbydog

nobbydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Are there any owners of the Panasonic NV-DS29B (or 30B) out there that can help me with a problem. I've fully charged the battery but, when I try to record I get a blank screen on the lcd and the led on the back of the camcorder flashes twice (about 1/2 a second apart) and this repeats continually. There's no mention of such a problem or mode in the user handbook. Unfortunately it is just out of warranty so I thought I'd try asking in this forum before getting involved with a repair shop.

Thanks guys.:smashin:

2. les.piggot

les.piggot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a similar problem on my DV27B just before christmas. After talking to Panasonic engineers (NewarkVideo), It turned out that the flashing was a service mode. By holding down the Rec button and the Stop/Fade button for 2 seconds, I could get the error code on the camera displayed. In my case it was a F05 - Video head spinning too fast. repair cost (without seeling the camera) was a miniumm of £200+vat. The camera only cost £300 18 months ago so time for a new camera I think. Hopefully in you case, its nothing like mine, but worth a shot anyway to try and identify the problem.

http://www.newarkvideoservices.co.uk/ has a list of the Panasonic error codes.

Cheers

Les