1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Panasonic DVD-E50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by steve36, Jul 6, 2003.

1. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I recently bought an E50 DVD RAM recorder and it is great generally. I have had no problems with DVD-R's and I am using DVD-RAM's costing £3.00 each with no problems.
    It also plays movies generally ok.

Until I tried the freddie mercury tribute concert DVD.
    It keeps crashing, I suspect this is when it comes across the background concert footage.

Anyone else seen this problem ?

This is further confused by the fact that I bought one that is Multi-region out of the box and I do not know if this could be part of the problem.

Steve.:confused:

2. wellsi

wellsi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Steve,

I would truly suspect this is a Disc problem; but even trying the same discs on another machine won't really prove anything as machines are often too fussy for their own good. (a dodgy disc will play on one machine and fail on another; then vice versa with a different discs)

My suggestion would be to try to replace the discs.

3. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    wellsi,
    Thanks, I may try, but I find it strange that it plays perfectly in my old Panasonic DVD-A360.
    I may try replacing them but thought it appeared to be a very similar fault to one described on the E30 where some machines closes down sometimes.

Steve.